8.07.2005

Bedtime

Recently, my HOH came up with a new rule, and it involves my bedtime. On nights that I have to go to work the next morning, I must go to bed with my husband. Likewise, since he leaves earlier than I do, I must get up with him as well.
This is one of my hardest rules to follow- seeing as I am a major sleeper, a night owl, and to say that I'm simply not a morning person is a huge understatement. However, this is one rule I've become very thankful for. It is a good, no- perfect, example of how the rules our HOH's ask their wives to follow are for their own good more than anything else.

You see, while it's hard for me to get up in the morning, and go to bed at a decent hour, it's something I'm in huge need of. When I go to bed late, I sleep late. Which means I get to work late. Which means I'm in trouble. This is my husband's business! It very much involves him. Not to mention, since my HOH does have some pretty good sleeping-time habits, this has an affect on our sex life, which just isn't fair to a partner in marriage.

The other day, I thanked him for this rule. It's helped me more than I realized. It also was great in a little friendly reminder as to why he's the HOH, and I'm the submissive. I do much better on this side, by nature- and I'm not afraid to admit it.

So, this rule was created for my own good mostly, and also to benefit my marriage, and my HOH. Now tell me what's wrong with a rule? The HOH simply has much better self-discipline. To him, going to bed before 11pm isn't a problem, it's easy. So he makes me tag along with him. That's fair enough. And I can't resent him for that, he may have saved me my job. ;)

9 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 4:14 PM, Blogger C's Correction said...

You're lucky Emmy! My HOH works away during the week so I don't usually get to bed until after 2am most nights! It's not that I don't have self-discipline but rather I'm scared to sleep on my own in a large Victorian house which is decidedly haunted!

Incidently, have you checked out all the LDD merchandise you can get from Cafepress?
http://www.cafepress.com/lovingdd

 
At 2/16/2007 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 
At 3/10/2009 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is something that has just become a DD issue at my house. I am too much of a night owl and then I am tired and grouchy the next morning. We have set me a bed time and whether he's there or not he asks me if I made it to bed on time. Lying is not an option... I got my first spanking for being up past bedtiime yesterday. Since he leaves for work at 5 am I had to wait all day. he texted me and asked about bedtime, I told him, then I just had to wait another 10 hrs... I don't think I'll be doing that again too soon. He spanks HARD!

 
At 7/23/2009 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really ridiculous and SO full of contradictions! letting a dumb ass man tell you what to do and even spank you, yet you still want to claim to be real grown up women????? well, i suppose that is your choice to be a slave to patriarchy but it is my choice to say how stupid and harmful it is.

getting spanked for "being up past your bedtime???" how old are you????

 
At 11/20/2012 4:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a night owl too! So I'm letting my hubby decide my sleeping habits from now on.
Cuddle time in bed is really important and very good for a healthy sex life!!

 
At 5/12/2013 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband sends me to bed at 9pm and when I misbehave, I am caned on my bare bottom and sent to bed at 6.30pm for tweo weeks. The children have found out about this as they go to bed after me. Gloria

 
At 2/03/2014 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good god Gloria, did you not notice that the last post in this blog was in 2007? The blogger may well be divorced or in hiding from this creepy stuff.

 
At 3/26/2014 2:59 AM, Anonymous Domestic Discipline uk said...

I love your blog! Take a look at our website www.domesticdisciplineuk.ning.com

Princess x

 
At 10/06/2014 8:41 AM, Anonymous Nick Stubbs said...

Hey there!

My name is Nick Stubbs and I am a Casting Producer at Magilla Entertainment, a TV Production Company located in New York City.

We are currently developing a new project entitled "What Jesus Says..". It is a topical clip show based on different topics and their relation to religion.

I would love to gain your participation and insight. If you could give me a call back at (212)727-2420 ext.108 I'd love to tell you about the project and see if there is any interest.

Thanks!

My email also is nstubbs@magilla.tv.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home